Tuesday 14 June 2011

OPI Texas Spring/Summer Collection 2011

Pin It


I thought I'd better get these swatches up before the Texas polishes disappear!!!!
I have half of the collection: Suzi Loves Cowboys, Don't Mess with OPI, It's Totally Fort Worth It, Austin-tatious Turquoise and Do You Think I'm Tex-y? and San Tan-tonio. Not too shabby, right?!

So without further ado here are the swatches, I'll talk about the rest of the collection at the end of the post.

Austin-tatious Turquoise is quite similar to Catch me in your net but less intense, less blue. Not turquoise though the shimmer kind of is. It is more of what I would call a teal/sea green type colour. Its very pretty but ultra thin and sheer. This might have been 4 coats and there was definite VNL - but my nails were down to 1mm of white tip because they started breaking :(, so you don't really notice it in the pics. Anyway if yo have the luxury of spending hours applying more than 4 coats its the polish for you.



indoor

flash

Do you think I'm Tex-y? Like the name, hate the use of a dash! Just call it texy damn it, how dumb are the people who buy OPI that they wouldn't get it was a pun?! Anyway enough of my irrational rant. This colour is one of the "sorbet like" polishes which is OPI code for a Jelly but they wanted to sound like it was a brand new kind of polish so whatever. Its a pretty jelly pink that leans a bit purple. I've read somewhere that it is like the jelly version of Miami Beet, but I think its a bit more pink than beetroot. Very pretty and says summer to me. I did 4 coats here, you can't eliminate the VNL so better off not trying, remember the more layers you use the longer it takes to dry and harden = lots of dents for my nails!!!
indoor

flash

Don't mess with OPI is a medium green- with yellow undertones - creme. I think 2 coats is enough but I managed to do an awful job of my 1st layer so needed 3 to fix the streakiness I caused. LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT! My first green polish too so I feel a deep connection to it haha. Suits my skin tone too because of the yellowness.
flash

 Suzi Loves Cowboys is a dark brown creme that doesn't look black like so many others do. It's not chocolate-like  in my opinion because it lacks that reddish warmth I associate with chocolate tones. The formula was a bit odd for a creme, kind of watery so it took 3 coats but very nice, I would wear it to work without worrying about it being too dark in any case.
indoor

flash

San Tan-tonio is a tan! It also leans too yellowy to be that flattering though sadly. Perhaps on the right person but it just seems kind of dirty to me. Don't get me wrong I'd still wear it because I like weird unflattering colours, but my sister put it on and declared her disgust at what it did for her.  She took it off almost straight away :( The flash makes it look pinker than in real life.  Application wise it was fine though, 2 coats covered perfectly.
indoor/low light

flash

It's totally fort worth it!  is a sheer pale grey packed with  pink shimmer but in a subtle way that hasn't photographed very well. I did 3 coats for an almost opaque nail. On pale sheers I don't mind a little VNL, it looks like they are meant to be that way, you know? Pretty and a bit out of the ordinary.

indoor
trying to capture the pink shimmer double click for better idea
flash




 Hope these were helpful guys.
xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from all my fabulous readers, but please do not link bomb here. If you would like me to check out your blog or other link please email me (PR/Contact tab above) instead. I will endeavour to reply to all questions/comments.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...