Friday 15 July 2011

OPI Stems Collection Swatches

Pin It Please excuse the state of my nails, life has been tough on them lately & while I no longer bite them, I pick at the skin around them as a nervous habit that I forget I'm even doing; which is why they don't look so nice in photographs :(
Perhaps I should make a pledge to try not to do that for the next week. Will let you know how I get on, I don't have high hopes!!!

On with the collection!!!!!!!!! Not out in NZ yet, hopefully they will be by August.


Come To Poppy

Come To Poppy (flash)
  
Come To Poppy - Is a beautiful coral pink pearl polish. The flash made the colour look a lot bluer pink than it is. Really pretty and nice to see some pearl finishes back in stores, it makes these kinds of colours more wearable for older ladies & a wee bit softer too. The formula is the best yet from OPI's 3Free polishes. Pretty much covers perfectly in one coat. I did two for good measure though. Goes on like butter, richly pigmented and opaque, AMAZING!

Play The Peonies

Play The Peonies (flash)

 Play The Peonies - is a very light pink pearl. Same formula as CTP. This reminds me of Suzi And The Lifeguard from OPIs South Beach Collection, except it is a few shades lighter - way more white obviously. I did 3 coats but I think 2 would have been fine if I hadn't been shaking so badly. I take a medicine that's side effect is shakiness and today my hand had a mind of its own when I was trying to apply this one so I had to even out the application with a third coat, Hopefully next time my hand will behave!


1 coat I Lily Love You over Play The Peonies

1 coat I Lily Love You over Play The Peonies (flash)
I Lily Love You has a pink jelly base with tons of irregular flakes of opalescent sparkles. Definitely a layering polish I think. Doesn't it look pretty over PTP?! Very complimentary I think because it also darkens PTP making it a bit pinker. I haven't tried it over CTP but I doubt it will look as good as this. I can't wait to try this over other bases!

I didn't get the fourth polish (Be a Dahlia Won't You?) in the collection because it looks awfully similar to CG 108 Degrees & I don't need any more pinks in that shade or finish.
I really love this mini collection from OPI, so simple & sweet and most importantly WEARABLE! They're also a bit different from what everyone else is offering for summer so I like that!
What do you think? Love it or leave it?

I see this is already out, at least Beyond Beauty has it in stock so I suppose you'll be seeing it in a store near you the next time you look!
xxx NPA

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from all my fabulous readers, but please do not link bomb here. If you would like me to check out your blog or other link please email me (PR/Contact tab above) instead. I will endeavour to reply to all questions/comments.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...