Tuesday 13 September 2011

Back in the Saddle - Nubar Gem

Pin It
Greetings everyone,

I'm not going to lie, being in sunny Port Douglas was pretty sweet. Catching up with my brother and sister = :) Going gator spotting on the Lady Douglas was awesome (so was seeing the walking fish sneaking up on a croc & the captain throwing fish in the air for eagles to catch!) But, one of the main highlights of my trip? Buying Aussie nail polish!

There was a lack of choice since I only got to shop at the airport & a couple of chemists in Port Douglas, but I got some AMAZING Mode polishes & I also picked up 3 of the Maybelline mini Coloramas. I know they aren't Australian, but I got so sick of only seeing the 60/50 sec dry Maybelline formulas in NZ - which are rendered utterly useless due to their awful brushes, that I've been snubbing the brand completely. That meant I hadn't even seen these new coloramas! They were only $5.95 for 7.5mL, which may sound a bit steep, but I've only managed to get halfway through a bottle of polish once in my life - and with my ever expanding stash I will never ever manage to use up any of my 15mL bottles, so it is a pretty good deal IMO - P.S they are primo polishes so I will have to pay attention to their other polishes again. I did see some Bloom & Satin brand polishes but none of the colours available took my fancy & life is too short to wear crappy coloured polish so, meh.
Courtesy of Duty Free I am also the proud, new owner of 6 OPIs - (2 for $25 in Oz & 2 for $32 in NZ!)

As fate would have it the plane touched down in Auckland to showers and a decidedly cool 10 C (compared to 25 C in Oz), but it's was good to be back! I was a bad (dog) mother... I woke up baby Buster for an early morning cuddle! Luckily he's not a real baby  so he went right back to sleep. I swear he'd grown taller in just 5 days. His legs are looking lanky :( Maybe he'll be able to climb down the stairs soon though!!! Enough of boring you with the updates on my puppy - I missed my readers & blogging about polish too!

Tonight, I have a Gem for you, literally...

3 coats of Gem - indoors, you can see the holographic goodness in the bottle and a wee bit of the pink flash

Gem outdoors, weak sun

This is Nubar Gem from the Prisms Collection. This is such an interesting colour, a lot going on! It mostly looks like a taupe, but there is also a grey-pink duochrome going on in the base. On top of that, it is filled with holographic microglitter - the real gritty kind!!! I think you could definitely get away with wearing this in a conservative work place. I do love a taupey polish, and this is a fun twist on playing it safe.

This wasn't what I had expected from the Prisms range, but it was a nice surprise. Gem certainly needs a couple layers of topcoat though. I think I might have even had 1 layer of Seche Vite on in these pics & you can't even tell.

It's good to be back.
I hope you missed me too!!!

xxx NPA

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from all my fabulous readers, but please do not link bomb here. If you would like me to check out your blog or other link please email me (PR/Contact tab above) instead. I will endeavour to reply to all questions/comments.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...