Thursday 22 September 2011

Color Club Back To Boho Part 1 - Swatches & Review

Pin It

 Hey all,



For Autumn 2011 (damn, it's hard not to call it Fall after reading so many US blogs!!!) Color Club have brought out the Back to Boho Collection. There are some really nice cremes in the collection - like a pretty light turquoise & a light dusky grey purple - but I already had polishes that were pretty close to being dupeable so I just picked up the shades that were unique to my collection.

 I'm doing this in Part 1 & Part 2 because a couple of my photos were really crap, thus those colours will need to be rephotographed - hopefully soon!!!


Earthy Angel

sunlight
shade

Earthy Angel is a really pretty pinkish (peachy?) beige nude. It's opaque in 2 coats, but I used 3 in these swatches because I put it on a little hurriedly in order to catch the sun = unevenness. When I took more time to apply it later, it was fine in 2. The formula was decent - spread well. I like this nude because it sill looks like a colour is on your nail. That might defeat the purpose of a nude, but yeah.


Nouveau Vintage

flash - you can see the green shimmer on the nail & in the bottle
me trying to show the green duochrome & failing, sort of - it's a bad shot but you can kind of tell how the polish looks brown in the shade

flash again - just shows the brown


Nouveau Vintage is awesome - and kind of hard to describe. I like to think of it as a kind of foil finish - there is both brown (plum brown) and green shimmer. The green shimmer doesn't translate well on the nail but is very obvious in the bottle. The green shimmer kind of switches to looking quite gold too. NV is so pretty - not as intensely sparkly as the actual Color Club Foiled collection - and I think it's quite wearable. It's probably my favourite from this collection. Two coats was plenty & application was perfection.


Red-ical Gypsy


outdoors - overcast

outdoors with flash

I had such high hopes for this one! From the swatches I'd seen I thought it would be a dark blood red. However once I got it on my nails all I could think of was OPI Malaga Wine. Don't get me wrong, it's a nice colour - but I already have Malaga Wine & the more creme like finish Manicurist of Seville (more or less dupes) so I didn't really want another berry red creme. When I compared the bottle I could tell that Gypsy had a touch of blood red to it, so it wasn't as pinky as the other two but I still feel a bit pissed off. The formula was great though, another 2 coater and it has that jelly creme finish going on so it dries quite glossy.


So there's the first lot from Back to Boho. What do you think? Does anyone have some of the other colours? I'd love it hear your opinions on them. I need to get ready for Buster's final puppy class. I think it'll be on to obedience training next!


xxx Michaela

3 comments:

  1. Haven't picked up any of these yet but the Vintage one is to die for! Bummer on the red, but totally understand the disappointment

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah I think Nouveau Vintage is the only Must Have of the collection, go on... get it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like earthy angel it's so pretty!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from all my fabulous readers, but please do not link bomb here. If you would like me to check out your blog or other link please email me (PR/Contact tab above) instead. I will endeavour to reply to all questions/comments.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...