Friday 16 September 2011

OPI Dear Santa Swatch & Review

Pin It
Dymphna_moonstone @ MUA is a star! It's true, she's amazing.

I just completed my first ever MUA swap with a lovely lady from NZ too. I wanted to try it out local at first, international shipping costs put me off a bit! Anyway, I had something she wanted and vice versa - so yesterday OPI Dear Santa was in my letter box, along with a couple of mini polishes as extras!

I didn't have high hopes for Dear Santa, (truth be told: I only swapped for it because it was HTF & I had one of her wishlist polishes + a dupe of it) I was worried it was going to be too similar to China Glaze Ruby Pumps. I don't think you could get 2 sparkly reds more different. So when I tried it on, boy was I impressed!


see the gold flaky glitter

2 coats, indoor lighting

Indoor, natural light



it deserved a 3rd pic!

This is a beautiful medium red shimmer - it is quite a pinky ruby red with only 1 coat, but after two, the gold shimmer/glitter warms it up so it is a rich neutral/warmish red. It just glows on the nail! This was released for the 2009 holidays in the OPI Holiday Wishes Collection. I think it's pretty hard to find these days - aren't the OPI holiday collections always HTF though?!

One of the great things about Dear Santa, is that it doesn't look overly Christmas-y. I can see myself wearing this during the rest of the year too.

For my first swapping experience I am so impressed, I just wish I had more unique polishes to swap with, just give me time! Thanks so much to dymphna_moonstone, she's my new girl crush, I found her on trademe too and have already bought a few bottles off her!!!

BTW, if any readers are keen on swapping for one of the polishes I have showcased, feel free to drop me an email, I'm open to any suggestions & international. Or you can find me on MUA as nailpolishanon.

xxx
Michaela

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from all my fabulous readers, but please do not link bomb here. If you would like me to check out your blog or other link please email me (PR/Contact tab above) instead. I will endeavour to reply to all questions/comments.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...