Wednesday 28 December 2011

Epic Polish Wins of 2011 - FOILS

Pin It
2011 nail polish was all about trend upon trend upon trend. There were some I wasn't so keen on - like the shatter/crackle polish. They seemed like a good idea at the time... but I wish I could get my money back now! Luckily for me, there were plenty of other trends I could get on board with and stay on board!!!!!

Over the next fews days I will share with you my list of the greatest polishes of 2011 (that I own) and the ones I wish I had forked out for. I apologise for the poor quality of most of the photos. I didn't have the time to re-swatch them, but they give the general idea of colour and finish.

To kick it off, here are my top picks from the FOILED (metallic) trend:


Swimsuit... Nailed It! - indoors with flash

Swimsuit... Nailed It! from the OPI Miss Universe Collection kicked off the electric blue foil craze. Two coats of  well pigmented lacquer that pops. Especially easy to apply too, due to the Pro-wide brush. Just watch out for the staining!!!!

Liquid Mol-ten - indoor, artificial lighting
 
Liquid Mol-ten - artificial lighting

Liquid Mol-ten took everyone by surprise. An almost minty/tinsel green foil?! Color Club did a fantastic job with the buttery formula, too. This is a one coat wonder.

Designer... de Better - lamp

Designer... de Better - lamp

Designer... De Better from the Muppets Holiday Collection, is another OPI foil that makes my hit list.  Pale gold/silver (looks like light pewter, truth be told) & copper micro glitter/shimmer combine to make a unique beauty. Again OPI knocked it out of the polish park with this formula. A perfect two coater, holiday collection foil.

What are your favourite foils of 2011? Do any of you hate the foil trend? If so why?

Stay tuned for more hits of 2011.

xxx
NPA

1 comment:

I love hearing from all my fabulous readers, but please do not link bomb here. If you would like me to check out your blog or other link please email me (PR/Contact tab above) instead. I will endeavour to reply to all questions/comments.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...