Wednesday 8 February 2012

Etsy Surfing

Pin It
Hey guys,

So I've been spending my time today very wisely...

Surfing Etsy for nail polish makers! I was just trying to find Nostalgic Lacquer's store, which I know has another name and instead of searching a blog post for the link, I chose to do it the hard way!!! Sometimes I think that's the way of the female species...

I'm really glad I did though, because it turns out there are heaps of frankeners out there, selling their wares! Most of them don't seem to ship outside the United States, but I have messaged them to see if they are able to ship to me, and fingers crossed!

Here are a handful of the promising shops I scouted:


Zombified Nails  has quite a few duochrome chrome finish polishes with a dark and twisty sort of theme - I have my eye on Angels Lie

Windestine  has a range of beautiful glitters: fine holos, micro purple & a chunky blue and silver. There is also the most beautiful pink-beige with scattered holo shimmer/glitter called Natural Glow.

Paanduuh Polish only opened a week ago and has some beautiful holographic custom colours, colour shift & holo top coats available. I'm hoping to get my hands on all I can if she'll ship to NZ. I wish they would loosen the shipping restrictions, a little polish never hurt anyone!!!!

Lacey Lou's Nail Stockpile is unique amongst the franken world. The polish come in 0.5 ounce cosmetic 'palettes' - like the little cosmetic tubs creme eyeshadow and gel eyeliner come in. Each polish palette comes with 'Liquid Fusion' which is a base/top coat and functions as your applicator brush. I love how this concept is unlike any polish line I've come across; You can mix the colour to your heart's content & won't have wastage like when you get close to end of a bottle of polish but it's a battle to actually get it onto the brush. I have to ask, "Why don't they make polish brushes longer so they reach the bottom? Seems like a no brainer.

I've just made my first order for Lacey Lou!!!!!

I hope you check out these shops, I'm sure they will not disappoint.

And for those of you who come here to see pictures of polish...

Silver - 3 coats - overcast

Silver - 3 coats - overcast

Silver - 3 coats - shade
Silver - Macro

Max Factor Max Effect in Silver is a beautiful bronze-brown and dark grey shimmer along the same lines as the OPI Warm & Fozzie, Pros & Bronze finishes. It's a shimmery base filled with pieces of chunky shimmer which I always think of as flaked glitter. It's very beautiful in natural lighting. When I first tried this it was at night and my bedroom lighting made it look like just another metallicy grey. I was pretty dissappointed because it had looked so special instore. Then I saw this on Polish Infatuated a few days ago and went, "WOW!" - turns out it the bottle does translate well on the nail! So that was yesterday's manicure :)

Keep 'em polished!

xxx
NPA

3 comments:

I love hearing from all my fabulous readers, but please do not link bomb here. If you would like me to check out your blog or other link please email me (PR/Contact tab above) instead. I will endeavour to reply to all questions/comments.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...