Tuesday 21 February 2012

kkcentrehk Water Decal Review: hearts, ribbons & flowers

Pin It
 Hola Chicas!

About a month ago something really exciting happened...

Maggie from kkcenterhk (an e-tailer based in Hong Kong) contacted me to see if I'd be interested in reviewing some of their nail decals.
She told me to have a look at their products to see if I was interested, and she sent one 4 different ones I liked the look of. Today they arrived in one of those really cute old style document envelopes with the figure 8 tie clasp. Officially the coolest mail envelope ever!!!

I already had a the beautiful Girly Bits Razzle Dazzle on, so I put the full nail decals aside and chose to add the heart & ribbon decals from the 'LOVE' category to show you.
Here is the link to this product: http://www.kkcenterhk.com/Nail-Water-Decals-Love/c106_151/p5082/N.NAIL-LOVERWater-Decals-Nail-Art-WDBLE1342/product_info.html

Product #WDBLE1342

They come in a foil backed zip lock bag, I suppose for freshness? Not sure it really matters with water decals but still it's nice and tidy when it comes to storage.

Product #WDBLE1342

This set came with 1 sheet with 26 decals on it. They are white with grey outlines. They also have the usual clear plastic sheet to protect them too.

Razzle Dazzle & Decals - 3 coats - sunlight

Razzle Dazzle & Decals - 3 coats - sunlight

Razzle Dazzle & Decals - 3 coats -white light

Razzle Dazzle & Decals - 3 coats -white light

The method of application:

I cut them out, removed the plastic top sheet, soaked in a little water in the bathroom sink - you can do this in a cup etc.
I just placed them on my nails with my fingers, which was a bit fiddly but fine.
Once they dried I put top coat on them to seal & protect. I started out using Orly Sec N Dry and it completely smudged my pinky!!! I used Out The Door on the rest of my nails and there was absolutely no smudging, thank god!!!

My thoughts:

They are cute. Nails decal haven't really been my thing because I'm lazy - but they are way easier and less messy than stamping, kind of idiot proof because if you screw up you just pop them/your nail back in some water and then can rearrange them.
I put them over a pink glittery polish and even though they are white they look opaque = impressive.


I have some others they sent me to review - some cute easter ones & floral french tips which are gorgeous. As soon as my nails are long enough I'll be popping them on to show you!

I'm so disappointed in Sec N Dry; its smudged my stamping in the past and I also find it sometimes creates some cuticle drag so I'm definitely never buying it again!!!! I'll be sticking to my Seche Vite & Out The Door.

Again, if you like this mani you can purchase the decals here:
http://www.kkcenterhk.com/Nail-Water-Decals-Love/c106_151/p5082/N.NAIL-LOVERWater-Decals-Nail-Art-WDBLE1342/product_info.html

On a side note - Pam's launching her Calender Girls collection around the 25th Feb and I think she'll also start accepting orders for her past collections/polishes so check out her Girly Bits blog for info.

xxx
NPA


3 comments:

I love hearing from all my fabulous readers, but please do not link bomb here. If you would like me to check out your blog or other link please email me (PR/Contact tab above) instead. I will endeavour to reply to all questions/comments.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...