Sunday 15 April 2012

Sour Grapes? I think not!

Pin It
Candeo Colors Sour Grapes left the sweetest of tastes on my tongue!

Erlack, that was cringe worthy. Moving on to something that's not...

Sour Grapes - 2 coats - natural light

Sour Grapes - 2 coats - natural light

Sour Grapes - 2 coats - white light

Sour Grapes - 2 coats - close up

So Sour Grapes photographs blue, but it's a grapey-violet shimmery base with lavender hexes in 3 sizes and square glitter too! There's also some small-medium black hexes in the mix to spice things up. In the last photo you can see the true purple colour near the cuticle.

The formula is pretty great, with a bit of a shake you get a bit of everything on your nails and full coverage in 2 coats. It does dry rather textured so I recommend 2 layers of a thick top coat. I didn't use my usual SV for the swatch so it doesn't look quite even enough.

I really like SG but I do wish it was slightly sheerer so the glitter doesn't get quite so buried. I might try layering 1 coat over a base to see if that sorts it out.

You can purchase Candeos on Etsy for US$8 each. There are so many great shades I want but right now the Melinda (Candeo's creator) has the shop set to vacation mode. I'm sure you can private message her though.

Do you have any Candeo Color lacquers? Has anyone resisted the indie polish scene thus far?

xxx
Michaela

4 comments:

  1. Wow, this is awesome! I don't own any indie brand polishes (yet?), but I really would like to have some.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from all my fabulous readers, but please do not link bomb here. If you would like me to check out your blog or other link please email me (PR/Contact tab above) instead. I will endeavour to reply to all questions/comments.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...