Tuesday 1 May 2012

BB Couture Stick Shift

Pin It
First off, I LOVE the name! Stick Shift is part of the Mechanics 101 collection from BB Couture Nail Polish for Men.  I don't know if it's supposed to be a little naughty, but I can't help but giggle like a little girl!


Stick Shift - white light

Stick Shift - white light - macro

Stick Shift - not colour accurate

Stick Shift is a yellow of sorts, sort of with an orange tint and with beautiful pink shimmer! The first two photos are colour accurate and I included the last one to demonstrate the pink shimmer. It sort of looks white in the colour accurate photos, but it is a warm pink and so pretty. I suppose this would be considered an 'ugly' shade of lacquer, but I really adore SS!
It's really pigmented and needed 2 coats for good coverage. The formula was way better than most BB Coutures (I find them really watery), sort of a medium thickness with self-levelling abilities!

I was worried when I ordered SS that it would be too similar to Aura Angora from Barielle. Luckily it's not too mustard at all, and a lot brighter! I did a comparison for you guys below.

Stick Shift comparison to Aura Angora (on middle finger)

L-R: SS, AA, SS

You can see that AA is darker, dirtier and has a plain creme finish. Comparing them made me really miss AA, so I'm going to have to incorporate it in to a manicure soon!

Does Stick Shift tickle your fancy too?
You can find it and many more polish brands at Overall Beauty. BB Couture retails for $9.95 a bottle.

xxx
Michaela

2 comments:

  1. This is a very interesting color. Thanks for sharing :O)

    ReplyDelete
  2. that first BB is gorgeous! I love it!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from all my fabulous readers, but please do not link bomb here. If you would like me to check out your blog or other link please email me (PR/Contact tab above) instead. I will endeavour to reply to all questions/comments.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...