Saturday 23 February 2013

What I've been wearing lately

Pin It
Hey guys,

My nails had been short an uneven over the last couple of weeks thanks to some annoying breaks and splitting. I don't like to swatch when my nails look all fugly so instead I used the time to wear my untrieds as full manicures.

In the end I snapped some very average photos of a couple of them, so here's some mini-spam:


Orly Pure Porcelain stamped with OPI Roadhouse Blues & BM 204
I wore this for my cousin's wedding. Just before we left for the ceremony I snapped a few shots in my light box, but I accidentally deleted all but one!!! I was wearing a navy dress with a lace upper section so I was trying to go for a matching thing. Not sure I pulled it off.


 Sea Lore Attina over China Glaze Peachy Keen


 Attina is such a gorgeous light coral sheer flakie. I paired it with Peachy Keen because they were pretty close colour wise. In the sun it glistens like crazy!


Pahlish Lonesome Ocean


 Lonesome Ocean is a dusty teal blue jelly with purple, blue and gold? glitter. I thought it was going to be a really dark navy based on the listing and the bottle, but after 2-3 coats it's still quite teal. I used 2 coats of Seche Vite to smooth it out. Not sure if I really like it. I think once you have so many glitter polishes they can start to look a bit blah.


Pahlish Sullen Girl


Sullen Girl needs to be RAVED about!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's incredibly gorgeous, a charcoal jelly packed with gunmetal holo and glowing blue iridescent hexes! You get a real 'oil stain' rainbow from each piece of glitter, especially in the shade, it's unbelievable. The formula is also quite pigmented for a jelly too. Two coats was enough to eliminate VNL. I did need a few layers of Seche Vite to smooth SG out though and don't mind the bubbles, it was just my top coat. This has to be one of Pahlish's BEST LACQUERS EVER!

Now you know what I've been wearing lately, how about you?

My nails are short again, but they are all level and shaped, so I'm back to swatching some of the pretty polishes I got during January!!!
Should have some more nail art coming your way soon too. I really have to catch up on the BATTLE challenges, yikes! None since December!!!! I want to get lots of that stuff out of the way before I start back at school Monday week. I'm soooooooooooooo nervous!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hope I can wear polish in class, doubt I'll be allowed to on placement :( But all the animals will make it worth naked nails :)


xxx
NPA

4 comments:

  1. Sullen Girl looks so amazing by itself!!! I'm definitely gonna wear it like that next time! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh wow! Sullen Girl gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love Sullen Girl, it looks amazing! so pretty

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sullen Girl... cannot describe how much I love it. I want to live in there!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from all my fabulous readers, but please do not link bomb here. If you would like me to check out your blog or other link please email me (PR/Contact tab above) instead. I will endeavour to reply to all questions/comments.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...